Sunday 11 December 2011

Birth of a Babe




















Poem I wrote in June 2011

A water birth, slipping silently
Into this world, the senses
not turned to the harsh radio channel
Of mankind's world.

3 minutes of calm at least
rest from being squeezed out
of the birth canal.
Still connected to the oxygen
that feeds you without thinking

Learn to breathe babe!
Breath, what is it?
Needing it, but it feels strange
when it kick starts something new

All these new things
waking me up from my floating dreams
I am outside the dream
I am coming up to the
surface of the water

The LOUDNESS
it is BRIGHTER
I feel on the outside of my mother
It is so different,
she is more distant
but I still feel her
I am not surrounded by her though
I feel less secure.
but I am on her chest
Nestled to her breast
and I am comforted

This world is ok so far
but everything is new
Air, noise, brightness, breath
touching, being touched,
cold, hot, voices are louder
not far off
Feelings of others hit me straight away


No comments:

Post a Comment